SmartWills attorneys assist families and business owners with estate planning, wills, probate, trusts and trust administration services. We are located in Berkeley and advise clients across Northern California.
What will your family choose: Simple planning in our Workshop or Complete planning with our SmartWills TrustPlan?
The SmartWills Workshop is a fast & effective way for parents to:
- Nominate a Guardian to raise your children
- Choose a Custodian to protect your children's money
- Choose people to take care of YOU, in case you need a Medical of Financial surrogate
- Leave with your documents in hand — no follow up appointment needed
The workshop is just $200 per person, $400 per couple.
Need more? Our TrustPlan process is simple and easy:
First we Collect your information and preferences via our secure online system, then we Draft your documents, and lastly we Meet to review the documents together. At our meeting, you can make changes as we go so that you'll be ready to sign your documents. Most families are done in about two hours. The cost is $2,000 per person, $4,000 per couple. We transfer your first 3 California properties to your trust for you.
Email us today to get started.
The SmartWills Story
My name is Scott and I'm a lawyer. My baby girl, Star, was born in April of 2010. I knew I should have written my Will when I got married, but I was busy. I knew I should have written my Will when my wife was pregnant, but we hadn't agreed on a name, and I was busier. I had done Wills and Trusts for other people, mostly rich people, and those forms were way too much planning for my situation. I just needed the basics. We filled out some online forms, but never got around to witnesses and notaries — too busy with work, diapers, and baby bottles.
Sound familiar? Finally, we paid another lawyer to get it done. We had to wait a few weeks to get the documents back, paperclips holding together a messy assortment of ugly forms. They sat in a pile for a few weeks while we found a binder to store them in. Sure, it was a pain, but finally, we were done.
Let my company SmartWills save you from that nonsense. Don't waste your time on law sites that don't list prices. Don't get lost in the Do-It-Yourself hassle, wondering if you have the wrong form, choosing the wrong option. I've been simplifying legal solutions since 1999, and now I am offering the easiest way to get this done.
Scott the Lawyer
I know picking a lawyer, or any professional, can be a challenge. Here's some help:
I have been a practicing lawyer since 1999. You can check my record here The State Bar of California: Look mom, a clean record!
You can also see my Better Business Bureau rating: They gave me an A!
Over here is my Yelp page: Five Stars!
I don't wear ties or try to impress or intimidate you with fancy talk. I'm just here to help.
Below are more professional details. Need to know more? Just ask!
- J.D., Santa Clara University Law School
- B.A., New College of Florida
- Double Major: Environmental & Urban Studies
- American Jurisprudence Award: Commercial Transactions, 1998.
- CALI Excellence Award: Commercial Transactions, 1998.
- State Bar of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
- Trust & Estates Section, State Bar of California